Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Topics Taking Flight: Plight of Reviews


Help! I have so many drafts of reviews on my computer!

In the past five days I have started four reviews. Good for me! Now, let's see, I have finished... let me count... zero of them! I just can't bring myself to finish a review. Thankfully, one is about done, but still! This is getting pretty pathetic :) So, today I decided to take a break and do a quick discussion post!

What do you do when you have a hard time finishing/starting a review?
I'd LOVE to know!

Here are some of my normal tricks:
  1. Make an outline
  2. Try a new reviewing style
  3. Focus on fleshing out one pro and one con
  4. Find pictures, quotes, ideas to represent the book
  5. Get a good handle on your feelings
  6. Write your ideas down on real paper
However, despite all of these tricks, I'm still having problems! Ergh! 

So, any other tips? If you are a reviewer, do you ever have this problem? Or do I just need to muster the determination? I really do need to start finishing my reviews :D 

Also, I especially have this problem with books that aren't review copies! ARCs are so easy to review! But books I have bought? That's a whole new story...

 Post Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment